Thursday, July 5, 2012

Grand Canyon

Lily Mannoia

My favorite part of our trip to Arizona was the last day when we went to the Grand Canyon. I honestly hadn't heard much about the other places that we went to on Monday and Tuesday, so it was a surprise when I got to see them because I had no idea what they looked like. Even though they were all really interesting and pretty in their own way, I was most excited to see the Grand Canyon because everyone I know who had been there before told me it was really beautiful. The night before, I met two people at Lowell Observatory that were also on a geology field trip and had just gotten back from the Grand Canyon. They told me all about how much fun they had there so I was even more excited to see it the next day. When I saw it for the first time, my initial reaction was that it looked just like it did in pictures. It was much more beautiful in real life than it was in the documentary we watched at the LPSA house. As we explored around it, I couldn't believe how huge it was and was kind of sad that we weren't going to get to see all of it.
Trying to take pictures of the Grand Canyon was also hard, especially when you're using a phone camera. I was so happy that I got to experience it and also learn about the geology behind it. If it wasn't for this trip, I don't know if I would have ever been lucky enough to go to Arizona to visit these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment